I cannot rave enough about Grandma and Grandad. They got here the day before C was born. When W and I were at the hospital they ran our kids around to their different places. Then they took them took them out for a fun dinner and a toy store run. When they brought them to see C for the first time I could see how much fun the kids were having with their Grandma and Grandad. The next day they got to have a picnic at the park. They visited us again and HAPPY was written all over the kids' faces again. That night they did a movie night with treats. The kids loved telling me all about their days and I loved hearing about them. It made me so happy to know my kids were being loved and spoiled. It's exactly what I wanted for them.
Once we were home, the love continued. G & G still took the kids to and from their different places. Grandad took J on walks through the neighborhood and to see the horses. Often J would be home minutes before Grandad laughing and saying that he beat Grandad home. Grandad also did some helpful yard work in the backyard and of course he read to the children. Grandma cooked and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. And she played and played and played. Mostly Star Wars with J, but also Littlest Pet Shop with K. They both would hold C so I could do stuff or just to love on her. I'm pretty sure they slept well each night.
It's a favorite of mine to watch my kids talk, play, and laugh with G & G.
G & G are so great they even insisted that W and I go on a date before they left. I was tired and hesitant but we went. We grabbed dinner and ran to the store to buy a stroller. So romantic. All kidding aside, it was nice and necessary to get out of the house for that 2 hours.
All I wanted was for K and J to feel special at a time with so many changes.
Grandma and Grandad did exactly that! Oh, please come back! We love you and miss you (and my laundry is backed up and J could use a good run around the block).

No comments:
Post a Comment