She's 6 year old! Sometimes it seems so fitting and then other moments I'm totally caught off guard wondering how these 6 years have flown by so quickly. Her birthday fell on a school day. I met her for lunch at her school and brought her her favorite - Chicken Nuggets. We had lunch together. She wore a birthday crown with her name on it. She picked a friend to eat with us. It was perfect. But I have to admit, it was a little sad for me. This will be our last lunch for just the two of us for a while. In exactly one week I'll be having a baby. I have loved going in every week to have lunch with K and then to volunteer in her class. I will miss it a lot. Later that same afternoon I brought cupcakes to her classroom. She was definitely a happy birthday girl!
K loves puppies and cats. She is allergic to dogs and I despise cats so we will never have either one. The next best thing to a real puppy is one that barks, walks, and acts like one but you can turn off at the end of the day. Welcome to our family, Celestia.
After we sang the happy birthday song and she blew out her candle. She leaned over to me and whispered to me her wish with a giggle. I told her she couldn't tell me because then it wouldn't come true. Even if she didn't tell I'm pretty sure it wouldn't come true anyway. She's probably allergic to those, too. Hahaha.
At her well check appointment the doc told us she's perfectly healthy. She sits in the 20th percentile with height and weight, but the girl does have a little mommy so it's not too surprising.
Now, her allergies and asthma...that's a different story. But, after recent visits with the allergist I'm learning a lot for her and perfectly hopeful we can keep it all in control and treat it better.
We really love this girl so much. Her tender heart brings so much sweetness to our family. Her artsy creativity fills our walls and hearts. Her goofiness makes us laugh. Her obedience makes us thankful. She amazes us every day. She's going to do great things in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment