For Spring Break we stuck around town. We've had so much going on and will continue to have a gazillion things to do, so I opted for a quiet relaxing week. The first day the kids slept in and then played (nicely) with each other for hours. It was peaceful. I loved it. For lunch we met up with some friends and on the way I asked the kids what we should do all week. I expected to hear go to the zoo, go to the park, have a movie night, etc. But K immediately piped up and said, "We should go to Grandma's!!" And J agreed, "Ya!" I explained why we couldn't really do that and J came back with the logical explanation of just buying some tickets, getting on the plane, and flying to Grandma's. No big deal, right? Believe me, I want to go, too kiddos!!
So, to make up for the disappointment felt by all of us, we planned something fun to do each day. One day we went to the zoo.

We have a family pass courtesy of Grandma. I love having passes because we can go anytime for as long or as little as we want. We can go and see 5 animals or see them all. With my mommy/pregnancy brain I didn't take into consideration that it was Spring Break for everyone here. Luckily, we got there earlier than normal and we were out of there by the time the mad rush hit. We got to see all the animals we wanted to, even the stinky ones.

We have a family pass courtesy of Grandma. I love having passes because we can go anytime for as long or as little as we want. We can go and see 5 animals or see them all. With my mommy/pregnancy brain I didn't take into consideration that it was Spring Break for everyone here. Luckily, we got there earlier than normal and we were out of there by the time the mad rush hit. We got to see all the animals we wanted to, even the stinky ones.
The new play area was even open. The kids loved that and I did too. I got to sit and watch them play. A 37 week pregnant lady always enjoys a chance to sit and relax.
Figuring out where we are going next.
The kids chose a day to bake with Mommy. I try to keep it simple but always yummy.
And while we baked we also watched some March Madness.
The kids also had their own days that they went on lunch dates with Daddy.
K ready for her date. J tries to get in every single picture I take. She just pushes him out of the way and smiles pretty.
J about to leave for lunch with Daddy. Coincidentally, they're twins with their green shirts and same silly face.
We don't do sleep overs with friends. I'm a mean mommy like that. But, we were happy to have an exception to that rule so my friend could go have her baby. The kids loved playing, having a movie night, sleeping over, and having a fun breakfast.
We filled in all the other times going to parks, going for icecream, and just playing outside at home. Spring Break was perfectly fun and relaxing. It's exactly what we needed before K's birthday & her birthday party come and our newest addition arrives.



No comments:
Post a Comment