Last week I was at Target with some friends. Josh pooped in his diaper and I had no diapers and no wipes. So prepared, I know. Instead of buying some diapers and wipes we took a walk to the underwear aisle. I let him pick out whatever he wanted. He wanted Star Wars. We went to the bathroom, cleaned up (luckily a friend had some wipes), and put on underwear. So, without any planning or prepping we started potty training. In my mind that's just plain crazy, especially with how scared I was just contemplating it. Apparently, Josh wasn't so scared.
Here's how it all went down.
Day 1
We came home and he stayed dry all day, except for a few instances where he squeezed out the tiniest of drops just so he could change from stormtroopers to Yoda to Darth Vader.
Day 2
He stayed dry at home. Then we went to a friend's house. The first 3 hours he stayed dry. The last 3 hours he wet himself 2 times. This was totally my fault. I should have stayed home or left earlier to go home. We were was just having too much fun playing. Side note: The Xbox Kinnect is highly addictive. Once we got home Josh stayed dry rest of the day.
Day 3
Dry, dry, dry is the story and we even had playgroup. This is the day I realized what was really happening. Until this day I was fully prepared to go back to diapers when Josh decided he was bored of it.
Day 4
Josh figured out that if he went pee 3 times in one minute I'd still give him a sticker for his chart each time. He filled them up quickly because he knew once it was filled he'd get a treat. These are a few of our high quality (catch the sarcasm?) charts. There was no magical number of circles for the stickers. I'd just draw or write whatever Josh wanted me to that day and then put little circles all over it.
Day 5
Dry when we were home. Dry when we were out. No big deal.
Who am I kidding? Of course, it's a BIG deal!!
Day 6
Church. I was a little nervous but there was no reason to be. He stayed dry.
It's been a week and I'm still in awe that this has happened. I can't believe my baby doesn't wear diapers anymore. I'm a little apprehensive to blog about this success because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. That's just the way my crazy mind works. For now, we're loving this diaper free days!!
It's been a week and I'm still in awe that this has happened. I can't believe my baby doesn't wear diapers anymore. I'm a little apprehensive to blog about this success because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. That's just the way my crazy mind works. For now, we're loving this diaper free days!!
Hooray for Josh!
2 comments:
Way to go Josh! Sounds like it went pretty easy so me :) I'm sure that you won't jink yourself!
PS: I liked your homemade charts
That's awesome!! As soon as Owen gets through this next surgery, we're going to get started. He's ready. I'm not. :) Ha.
Post a Comment