Sunday, December 18, 2011

School Christmas Parties

K's kindergarten Christmas party (I was surprised it was called a "Christmas" party). This was a great party and I love being involved in all the details of her class. We started the party at snack time in the cafeteria. They had grapes, popcorn, cheese, pepperonis, and crackers. Then their activity was decorating and eating cookies. I made all the sugar cookies and provided the frosting and decorations. To distribute the frosting and sprinkles/m&m's, I separated them into individual plastic containers (the size of take-out ketchup containers). It was perfect because there was no sharing frosting containers, knives, and germs. Most of the kids just frosted the cookie and then dumped all their sprinkles/m&ms onto the cookie and then ate it. Not my girl! She hardly got to eat her snack because she carefully spread the frosting and then thoughtfully placed her sprinkles/m&ms.
I thought Josh could stay entertained with some snacks and my phone at a different table while the K's class was in the cafeteria. Wrong. Very wrong. I won't be bringing him along to anymore of K's school parties.
The class played a fun game of passing around the gifts they brought while a mom read a story. Everytime the mom read a certain word the kids passed it one time until the story was through.
This is the puzzle K got as her gift. We love puzzles!
J's Christmas party. They had a yummy lunch.
Followed by gingerbread house decorating.
And since that involved candy J just couldn't wait to gobble up a few pieces.
Getting ready for the game with presents!
His new coloring book!
I really love my kids' teachers. They are both perfect for my kids' personalities. I love being a part of their school life and I love that my kids' love having me there.

No comments: