Sunday, November 20, 2011

Words

K used to say "fathering" instead of "bothering" and so I'd always chuckle inside when she'd come whining to me, "Josh, is fathering me," or "Josh, stop fathering me!" It just sounded so funny. The other day she came whining the same thing to me again except this time she said "bothering" and I enjoyed the whining A LOT less. I'll miss that.

I cut J's hair. It's pretty easy, kinda fun, and keeps things cheaper. After giving him a haircut I put the stuff up but apparently not up enough because he easily got it down and cut his own hair for the first time. I was pregnancy sick and I thought it was awesome that he was upstairs playing all on his own. A while later he came down to show me his hot new 'do. It was missing a straight line chunk right down the middle of his head starting at his forehead. My less than happy reaction made him cry and I felt bad.
 
Then we buzzed it down to the length of the section he cut
and my little monkey turned into the real-life Curious George.


One of the highlights of my week is going to K's school to have lunch with her and whatever friend she picks. Then I stay and volunteer in her class. I usually work with the kids that need a little extra attention with reading. K does well at reading so she never gets to come and work with me despite her begging. One day her teacher gave in and I got to work with her. One of the pages she was reading had the word "fort" but hearing her sound it out was hilarious. "fff-ooo-rrr-ttt, " sounds more like fart than fort. She could hear herself saying, "fart" and she knew it wasn't right so she kept trying and trying saying it over and over again very seriously until I just started laughing at loud and told her that the word was fORt.

You know a little brother loves his big sister when all in the same day he says...
-"Mommy, you should get K's number on your phone so I can call her and tell her we bought dinosaur chicken nuggets."
-"We should save the rest of the lemonade for K because she might want some."
-(3 hours before K is done with school), "We should go get K from school now."
Me: "She's not done yet."
J: "But why is she taking soo looong?"

This same sweet boy also did this: I was cleaning up my room and he walked in brushing his teeth. It was mid morning. His teeth weren't brushed yet, so I praised him for doing it all on his own. Good job! Then he tells me his breathe smells like candy. I assumed the flavor of the toothpaste. He tells me that again and has me smell it. It smells more like chocolate than bubblegum. Then it all makes sense!
Me: J, did you eat candy?
J: Yesth, sthorry Mommy.
Then he continues brushing his teeth for 5 whole minutes. As if the longer he brushed the less I'd be upset he sneaked the candy. Somehow I know that no matter how mad I got or didn't get, I doubt he'd really regret his sneaky ways. I love him!

No comments: