Saturday, April 9, 2011

Houston: Bat Girl, Giving Up

Will had a continuing education course down in Houston so we tagged along because Houston = Muaina's! These three have birthdays all within a month so we did some present exchanging.
Josh has collected his fair share of super hero capes. Kathryn has a girly Super K cape, but she's been asking for a super girl cape whenever she and Josh are playing superheroes. I don't know the difference but my super talented friend came up with super cute bat girl cape.
It has enough sparkly to be girly, but it's still super hero enough to keep up with these boys.
And here she is in all her bat girl glory.

Way back to 2010...My sister challenged my nephews not to eat candy for a full year and they'd get $200. Only one made it past 3 days and that same boy made it all year. No candy! I couldn't believe it. In November he was telling me all about it and he was so nonchalant about it. Like it wasn't even hard for him. So I got this crazy idea that if he could do it then I could do it too. Then I came back to reality and only challenged myself to 90 days and I made it more interesting by bringing Will into it too. Then just to make it a tad bit harder I added no soda. So in the middle of December Will and I started our NO CANDY/NO SODA. Of course I missed it, but it really wasn't that hard because doughnuts, brownies, cookies, and icecream are not candy or soda. ;)

Through the holidays I had my fair share of treats just no candy. Sometimes it was really hard especially when I saw those holiday Reese's pb cups but I always said no. Then while we were in Houston I was literally 3 days away from the 90 day mark my lovely friend introduced me to a terrible place called The Chocolate Bar. It's sooo good, but so not good if you're on a no candy/no soda strike. I gave up. Just like that. I didn't even think twice about it because they had the most amazing chocolate/caramel turtles. I did try to convince myself it was a cookie because it was huge like a big cookie and shaped like a cookie but honestly I couldn't lie to myself that much. I'm still glad I did it - the strike and the giving in. I'm glad I did the strike because I'm back to not craving soda and I'm glad I gave in because that turtle was oh so delicious!! You should try it - the strike and The Chocolate Bar.

No comments: