Monday, April 25, 2011

Disneyland

Day 1
When we drove up to the Disneyland Hotel and the kids saw the huge Mickey outside I'm guessing their insides couldn't contain their excitement because their outsides were going crazy. I was kind of happy our room wasn't ready because it meant straight to the parks we went!

I didn't want to carry my gargantuan camera with me all day. I didn't want to be annoying and snap pictures all day. I did want to capture the memories and but mostly I wanted to be a part of every moment. Courtesy of the camera phone...
Our kids very 1st ride at Disneyland.
The classic Tea Cups. Josh just getting warmed up. He loved all the fast roller coaster type rides. His favorite - Matterhorn.
Kathryn, not so much. She liked when we got off the faster rides.
We went on a weekend around a time when lots of people had spring breaks. I wasn't expecting to be able to do everything my heart desired. I honestly thought with crowds and young kids we'd do and see a max of 5 rides/attractions our first day. Nope, we probably did more than double that! I was so surprised. The longest line we waited for was Dumbo - 45 minutes - which went a lot faster with popcorn, churros, and cotton candy.
He belongs in those animal cages.
Her 1st time on what is now her favorite ride.
All the excitement and fun (and walking and standing) tuckered this little guy out.

No comments: