My kids haven't napped for a long time and on most days they don't need them. Actually, it's usually a bad thing if they fall asleep because we know they'll be having a wired and late night. Other than that, I love that I don't have to be up, going, and home by 10am, and that I can run errands or go places without having to be home for that 2pm nap. Most days we go at our own pace and it's wonderful. A couple of months ago we started doing Quiet Time because my SIL did it with her girls when they came here to visit and my kids really took to it. Quiet Time isn't always very quiet in our home. It's more of them being separated into different rooms playing by themselves. It gives them a down time where they can do anything that is semi-quiet. Then at the end of quiet time they've usually missed each other so much that they play really well together until Daddy gets home.
Kathryn usually chooses to read, write, draw, color, or play ponies. Josh likes to color but he mostly plays quietly with all his toys. His favorite: playing Star Wars by fighting imaginary guys with his lightsaber. This doesn't turn out to be so quiet but it works for him. When Josh's quiet times are actually quiet that's when I check on him. And when I don't check on him and I trust that he won't touch my stuff like he said he wouldn't touch it, I find this...
By the way, I love the picture on the flooor next to Josh. Kathryn drew it for me. It's her and Josh running while picking flowers for me. I love when they pick flowers for me, even those dandelions or green clover-like things. And I may or may not have given them permission to quickly pick a flower from the zoo's flowerbeds so they could give it to me. How am I supposed to tell them they can't give me flowers when they asked so nicely?
No comments:
Post a Comment