Last month Josh turned 3 and I have a gazillion pictures from the entire day. It was like Christmas all over again, but just for Josh!

Kathryn woke up before him. When she came out of their room she saw all the balloons, decorations, and presents and she was so excited. She was dying to go in and wake him up but our kids are beasts if you wake them up and they are not ready, so we held tight. And...2 hours later he finally woke up and the festivities began!
We started with his favorite, Fruit Loops, which is not a usual cereal we have around the house. Lots of sugar=happiness!

In between bites of breakfast he opened presents. It was so fun to watch him open presents. He gets so excited about everything and his excitement is infectious!

Legos were a big hit!

Look at my two cute boys! Josh is growing so much. I miss his chubby baby cheeks. Where have they gone?

His official stats
Height: 39 inches = 84th percentile
Weight: 33 lbs. = 67th percentile
Josh was super excited to get Woody. He said, "Now Buzz and Woody can fly together!" Everything is right in the universe now.

Will has recently got our kids all into Star Wars so it was only appropriate to get a Darth Vader mask.

Josh is a fun kid. He's so easy to like and love. Every little thing he does just makes my heart tickle. Seriously. I love him when he's mad and I love him more when he's happy. With birthday balloons still around our house he asks me, "Mommy, you want to play that game where we hit the balloons and laugh?" Playing and laughing make him happy. He loves to run and jump everywhere we go. He loves to show off his flips and cartwheels. He loves to dress up as superheroes and knights.
At his well child appointment he talked his doctor's ear off. The doc said, "Well, he's definitely speaking well." That's to say the least! I love his tones when he talks. My favorite is how he uses his hands to talk. Mostly it's just the left hand. His thumb and pinky or fourth finger slide back and forth. The more excited he is the more dramatic the movements are.
Later in the day some friends stopped by to wish Josh a happy birthday and give him his favorite...candy!!

Josh also has the sweetest soft side. His birthday was supposed to be all about him. So I asked him what he wanted to do for lunch. He picked McDonald's. Kathryn got all upset and crying because she wanted to go to Chick-fil-A. I tried explaining the whole
it's his birthday so he gets to pick where we go thing but I wasn't doing a good enough job so she kept on crying and whining. Then Josh comes over and puts his hand on one of her shoulders and says with the sweetest, happiest voice,"It's okay, Kaphryn we can go to Chick-fil-A!" So, we did. He's such a great brother!!
We finished off the day with cake and fun drinks (fruit smoothies).

Josh had a happy 3rd birthday!!!
3 comments:
What a great birthday for Josh! He's only a teeny bit bigger than Owen and they would play so well together. I've never met him but you can tell by his smile in the pictures that he has such a tender heart. I hope his 3 Ed birthday was just the best ever!
3 is such a fun age. I hope our little Carter can be as sweet as your josh seems.
I love it. What a great birthday and memories for him..Good planning mom. It's so funny how this generation of kids is so into star wars..all my nephews love it!
Post a Comment