Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Visit, Wickedness, February

Right now I'm finishing up 2010's blog book so I have had zero desire to do any current blogging. I really need to work on putting each post into the book the moment I've finished it. Here are some of the happenings in our home:

A few weeks ago the Muaina's visited! We love seeing them! These boys have endless energy together.
Josh loves to play superheroes and fight. Kathryn loves to play house and animals. When they play together Josh is usually a Spiderman dog and Kathryn is a sweet little cat. Despite liking totally different things, they usually play really well together. Usually is the key word. The other day Kathryn did something to Josh that made him mad. He came to tell me all about it. From the other side of the house Kathryn was yelling loud enough to almost muffle Josh's side of the story, "He's telling a lie! Mommy, he's telling a lie!" In the middle of Josh telling me what happened he paused, looked at me, and said, "Kaphryn is wickedness."

Kathryn is not wickedness. She is still my sweet happy girl. She's literally growing by leaps and bounds. Whenever I try to pick her up I always wonder when she got so long. Kathryn has always loved letters and she's taken an interest in sounding out words to learn to spell. Some friends let us borrow some beginning reading books and she's cruising through them. I'm seriously amazed. I hadn't even thought of teaching her to read until our friend offered the books. Now she loves it and is so proud of herself and I love seeing her so proud of herself!

I'm excited for this new month of February. 1) There's Valentine's Day! Each year Will and I take turns being in charge of the big date. This is not my year so that means I get to sit back, relax, and be loved. 2) In a couple weeks we get to see some favorite friends from Cleveland. Can't wait! 3) At the end of the month we have some celebrating to do when Josh turns 3. Yes, my baby will be 3! I have a feeling this month will fly by!

1 comment:

Lo said...

I like that idea. Switching off who plans V-day. I might try that one.