Please hold back your laughter...
This is the BIG WINTER STORM our whole town shut down for.

We were excited because it meant that Daddy got to stay home with us and play!

We didn't have any snow toys so Daddy got creative and used the garbage tops from our Ninja Turtle costumes. He tore off the material and tied some yarn through the holes in handles. And voila, we had pulling sleds. In the pictures below Will is pulling Josh down the street on the sled.

While he got Kathryn's sled ready I pulled Josh up and down the street. The street is a slight hill and it was quite the workout running Josh back up the street. Josh just laughed the entire time which made the burning thighs so worth it.

Once Kathryn's sled was ready we went on a walk through the neighborhood. Let's clarify that. The kids sat comfortably on their sleds while Will and I pulled them up and down the streets. It was so much fun but I got so tired and at one point I was pulling Josh through the curb gutters while his head slid along the curb. I had no idea that was happening because I kept hearing him laugh. I would have never guessed I was practically giving him a concussion. We all made it home in one piece and cuddling up for a movie and popcorn was the perfect way to warm up and continue the day.

We are a little rusty when it comes to being cooped up with each other all day long. We did a movie, games, books, "house" and "star wars," and even quiet time but the day wasn't quitting on us. We had a warm early dinner. A couple hours later I told Will that I was still hungry. Josh quickly piped in and said he'd make me some food. He went straight to the fridge, opened it, and pulled out left over noodles. At this point on any other day the first words out of my mouth would be, "Close the fridge!" Yes, with an exclamation point. Today I wanted to see where this would go.
As I sat on the couch Josh shouted the choices to me, from the kitchen. First he asked if I wanted a heart bowl or a blue bowl. Heart bowl! He 0pened the tupperware and spooned the noodles into my bowl. Then he asked if I wanted sauce. No, thank you! He said okay. It's not that I didn't want sauce I just didn't want the saucy mess. He pulled Kathryn's little chair into the kitchen, opened the microwave, and put the bowl inside. Then he asked me what numbers to press. 2-5-start! When it was done he asked if i wanted a fork or spoon. Fork! And he sweetly delivered me my meal complete with a napkin.

Then he made some for himself and we ate like savages on the couch because that's just how we roll on snow days. Oh and then we ventured out for icecream because dry wheat noodles just wasn't cutting it for me.
2 comments:
Love it! Tell Josh to come make me some food.
That's so funny. We had a blizzard warning earlier in the year and it turned out to be just a little snow LOL..Looks like you guys had such a fun day!
Post a Comment