Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Little Ironic

Last night I started a post but then I got distracted by the BYU game - the game of the season, so they said. I've seen the season highlights and I've heard all about him but it was the first time I actually sat down and watched Jimmer play. He's amazing and fun to watch! Saying I'm a fan might not describe the Jimmer Fever we have in our house right now.

Anyway back to that post I started last night. These were the only words I typed:
We're healthy again and it feels good. I hate these sick little faces. They're just too sad.
But, I do love cuddling and babying them when they're sick.

That was last night. This is a brand new morning.
Now for the ironic part: Josh woke up with a fever this morning.
Lovely right?

Yesterday was a great day.
I cleaned all day. It feels so good to have a clean house. I love that second big clean after have sick ones. The first clean gets rid of every germ anywhere they could be hidden - floors, chairs, blankies, stuffed animals, toys, counters, etc. The second big clean is the same exact thing but to me it means they are gone for good.

Yesterday was also had our second day of tv-detox.
My kiddos love shows when they're sick. It's a given that being sick equals watching shows. Of course we do other things like sleep and read books, but watching a show distracts them from their discomfort better than Tylenol does so we do it a lot.

With a clean house and tv-detoxed kids, I was pretty high on life.
Today I'm a bit bummed but I'm going to be optimistic and hope that because Josh has now had his relapse we will officially be done with this bug once and for all. I love at home all day pajama days but I think we've met our quota for the month.

No comments: