Saturday, February 25, 2012

Birthday Boy

My favorite boy in the whole world turned 4 years old today!! During the week he got to take cupcakes to his preschool class to share with his friends.
His actual birthday fell on a Saturday. It was the kids' very 1st soccer games. J had 1 and K had 2. We decided to spice up the day a little more and throw a birthday party into the mix. A much requested Star Wars party! I got everything ready the night before to help the day go a little more smoothly.
Game/Party favors. I was going to make those light sabers out of swimming noodles found all over Pinterest, but then I found these at Target for $2. Score! Cheap and no extra time needed to make anything.
At breakfast he got to start opening presents. Who knew Spiderman bath soap would cause such a reaction?
Then again, maybe it's just his exciting personality because there the face is again. I love this boy! He makes small and big moments in life so exciting.
After soccer game 1 & 2 we rushed home to party! The Jedi training began with the laser game. Trying to get through and back again without touching the red hot lasers. It was fun to watch because some were small enough to just crawl through while some had to work a little harder and be a little more creative to get through.
When they were successful they earned their light sabers.
Now that they had light sabers it was time to train them to use them. Half of the group dropped balloons while the other half tried to hit all the balloons and keep them off the ground. Then the groups switched.
Now they were worthy of Jedi robes
and more a little more training
to face the enemy...Darth Vader.



After such strenuous training these Jedis were ready for some lunch.
Presents. Could his eyebrows go any higher? I think he's excited again.
Cake & Icecream.
This boy was spoiled with packages and treats all day and he loved every minute of it.

Happy 4th birthday my favorite boy in the whole world. I love you so much. You're whole family loves you so much. You bring so many smiles to our faces. You bring so much noise and laughter to our family. You amaze me with your independence and you surprise me with your sweetness. Some mornings I wish you'd sleep in a little but every morning I look forward to you sneeking in my bed and sharing your cuddles, even if you do have the worst morning breath ever. I love how much you talk to me all day long and I miss that everyday that you're at preschool. I hope you always keep the same joy and excitement of life as you have now!

No comments: