Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012

The new year has started and it already feels so different than last year. At the start of last year we knew a lot of the things that would be happening through the year - California trip, starting the new practice, Utah trip, K starting school, Thanksgiving in Utah, Christmas at home, and of course always hoping to get pregnant. This year is quite different. We have nothing planned except for the arrival of our little one in April. I'd like to say I'm excited to see what 2012 brings our family but in all honesty I'm a little nervous to find what it'll all entail. For now we are enjoying each day for what it's worth.

We rang in the new year with some wonderful friends - adults only style. Living far away from family we always feel so lucky to have great friends all around us, but I have to admit that I missed ringing in the new year with my kids. They were sound asleep in their beds and I felt bad they missed out on all the fun. I think ringing in the new year will be done with the whole family from now on because all too soon I'm sure they'll be running off with their friends to celebrate.

Where we are now:
W - working hard to build up the practice. Playing basketball with his friends is a weekly highlight. He's been reading like a mad man.

C- Life pretty much revolves around the pregnancy and I love it. However, I experienced my 1st major migraine yesterday. I don't really get headaches and I've had like 2 migraines in my whole life but nothing to extent of the one I had yesterday. I was sitting in church with just K. W stayed home with J because he was sick with asthma stuff. Since it was just the 2 of us we sat at a different part in the chapel. As I was looking at the different speakers come and go I noticed that I couldn't see the left side of their faces really well. We were sitting pretty far back so I thought maybe my eyes are just getting bad. Then I noticed it didn't matter if it was close or far because every I looked there was always a spot missing. I thought maybe it was just the way the lights were reflecting on us since we were sitting in a different spot, but it was getting worse. The blurry spot was in the middle of my right eye. I started feeling funny and getting a headache. I had just eaten something. I knew my blood sugar was okay. I started taking deep breaths to relax but the blurry/blind spot started getting bigger and moving to different parts of my vision. I started getting a little worried and knew I should go home. When I stood up my entire head and face felt awful pain and pressure. I told someone what was happening and she suggested it was a migraine. As soon as she said that I knew she was right and I wasn't so worried about what was happening because I knew my little baby was safe. W picked me up from church. I went straight to bed after taking some Tylenol. Luckily, I slept for a few hours and when I woke up I just had a huge headache but no more blurry vision. The rest of the day it hurt and I felt nauseous but I knew that because it was just a migraine I was okay. The next day I felt like what I imagine a hangover to feel like which was the perfect excuse to relax with my sick little boy. Since then I have had a couple more. Luckily, I know what's happening and I know what to do about it. Besides that, I'm loving feeling our baby girl move around. I'm loving my growing belly. And I'm loving this energy phase. I can feel the nesting coming on and I love how accomplished I feel every day.

K- Our champion reader story book creator. Hugs and kisses for mama's belly all the time. So excited for her little sister. Very much the older child. Always telling J what he needs to do and always correcting the way he says stuff. Sometimes she's my big airhead. Like when we ask her to go do or get something and she starts walking the opposite direction. We ask her where she's going and she just smiles, giggles, sometimes says I don't know and then heads the right way.

J- Our ball of physical energy. Wakes up and dresses himself before he even comes down for breakfast. Always wants to go somewhere. Loves playing with Daddy and asks every day if Daddy is going to come home for lunch. Working on writing his letters. Loves Tuesdays and Thursdays because he goes to school those days. Says that we should have two little boys because it's so fun. Takes about 45 minutes of alone time in his room before he gives in to sleep.

This is how we're starting 2012.
Happy New Year!
Playing kinnect.

No comments: